Female Mechanic Scholarship
Up to $4,000 in Scholarships Available
SRAM, QBP and UBI are jointly offering two scholarships for female mechanics to attend United Bicycle Institute (UBI). All three companies are dedicated to getting more women on bikes and want to support the development of female mechanics. This opportunity is open to aspiring or experienced bike mechanics and women that would like to increase their technical knowledge to further their career in the bike industry. This scholarship will cover either the 1 week Advanced Certification Seminars (ideal for more experienced mechanics) or the more intensive 2-week Professional Shop Repair and Operations class for those with little or no mechanical experience.
This open call for applications opens February 21st and will close March 22nd. Scholarship winners will be notified via email by April 4th.
- Scholarship is for classes at UBI’s Ashland location.
- UBI will provide lodging for scholarship recipients.
- Travel to and from UBI and other expenses are the responsibility of scholarship recipient.
- The scholarship covers attendance to appropriate level of training for the recipient, either the Professional Shop Repair and Operations Workshop ($1950) or the Advanced Certification Seminars ($950).
- The scholarship will be awarded upon registration for classes and payment will be made directly to UBI.
- Scholarship recipient must be currently employed at a bike shop.
- Winner must be at least 18 year old.